Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Inchie flower book PaperArtsy Challenge

So much fun working in miniature.  Thanks to PaperArtsy for the challenge!

Decided to do my first inchie on paper, though I have plans for some fabric inchies.  Using white corrugated paper for my front and back covers and embossed white paper, I set about cutting my inchie "squares"...I left them a bit wider for the rings.

Keeping spring in mind, I used pastels thru most of the book.  So, painting the pages was next and then after they dried, some embossing for a little shine.

Next was working on the flowers.  I used mini buttons on the cover, made two tatted flowers, some metal flower beads, cut out of patterned paper two lovely glittered flowers, a page of 4 mini-mini patterned flowers, a couple of purchased paper flowers, a sweet pink flower button......and some sequins topped with French Knots. 

I wrote flowers, bloom, Beauty, and petal on pink handmade paper and attached to some pages. 











 I glued the pages back to back.  Then used a paper piercing tool to make two holes on each set of pages for my rings.






 Then I curved  wire to make two rings and slid the pages together on the rings.

Love my first inchie book!



3 comments:

  1. How cute is this! Love how you have put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this! Love how you have put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you started with corrugated card, and it developed into a spring floral fling! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete