Sunday, February 1, 2015

PA Shiny Stuff #2 Challenge - Hugs and Kisses to my Sweeties

I have been working on this "Shiny Stuff" piece for about 2 weeks, not being really happy with it.  I came up with another great "Shiny Stuff" idea and thought I should finish up #1 and post this first (I like the finished piece!)  before finishing up my #2 Shiny Stuff" project.

Hugs and Kisses to my Sweeties

Dedicated to all my Sweeties....you know who you are!

I found a frame I thought would be good from my frame stash I have on hand from my quilling art pieces.  After sanding the frame, I used metallic paints to spiff up and bring some shine to
the lovely gold base.  The white shiny hearts were added to further alter the frame.

Finding a piece of metallic cardstock (also from my former quilling stash), I cut it to the size needed and machine stitched some lovely patterened pink fabric I cut with a neat scalloped edge rotary blade in the shape of an X.   I spritzed with some Glamour Dust on the X and background cardstock.  Liking things so far!

Brought out my embossing hearts and found one I liked.  I used metallic thin cardstock to emboss the hearts. Then, cut them out and used for the background of my shiny "jeweled" X and O charms which I attached to the cardstock with lovely variegated thread.  Next was selecting 2 metal wrapped glass beads and attaching them to the cardstock.

The frame was coated with a glaze to add some protection and a shiny variegated string tied in a bow was added.


No comments:

Post a Comment