Tuesday, April 7, 2015

PaperArtsy Grunge Paste Challenge (3) "Create"

I was so inspired by Seth Apter's PaperArtsy's Grunge Paste Challenge piece from March 29, I had to try it out.  I used my leftover texture paste mix from my birdhouse, both aqua and tan... glad I put them in tight fitting containers!


A 5x5" stretched canvas was the perfect size to use.  I spread my texture paste. tinted with aqua with mini beads mixed in, first and then added the tan tined paste.  I used white embossing powder while the paste was wet and then melted it with my heat gun. 

 
Next I rolled out small pieces of white clay and pressed them into a mold for the letters  All but the two E's turned out fine. I just couldn't get the E's to pop out so I etched a few lines in a couple squares of clay with a toothpick!  Looks good to me.

After the paste dried, I glued the baked, painted, varnished clay letters to my piece.  I set some eye screws on the top to use in hanging my piece and three more on the bottom to dangle my beads.

Wasn't sure what beads I wanted to use, but there sat my lonely paper beads I had made a few years ago and knew I could find some to go with my colors.....(I probably have at least a thousand left!).


I love it!  Thanks Seth for your inspiration and PaperArtsy for another great challenge!!





1 comment: