Wednesday, May 6, 2015

PaperArtsy Challenge: Sprays

I have been wanting to try acrylic paint on fabric and this challenge from PA was a great time to do this and, to use my spray vessels.

Prepping my fabric with water, which I have done with dyes seemed a good place to start. I didn't use PFD fabric so another experiment! Then I choose 5 acrylic paints, added water to the sprayers and then a bit of paint.  Each sprayer worked differently, some splatting and some small droplets.  I used
a 10 x 10" piece of white kona fabric and several small 10" strips.

The larger piece of fabric was sprayed with all 5 paints, letting some dry before I applied the next.  I finished up the large piece with some sprits of a glitter spray.

I have been finishing up some workshop pieces of fabric manipulation from a Cheryl Sleboda class two months ago and thought that would be a neat thing to do with my strips.  I ruched two of the strips and then used another for some puffs, making 3 puffs into flowers and adding filling to two others. 

My piece isn't complete, but I'm running out of time.  I'm planning on adding some embellishments to the larger piece and then adding my workshop pieces to make a wallhanging......and will probably end up quilting it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment